India and the BJP

Hinrich Kuhls kls at unidui.uni-duisburg.de
Mon May 20 00:12:33 MDT 1996

As the left over here treats India as an unknown continent I would like to
warmly second Rakesh's suggestions.

I remember ex-fellow list member David McInerney is preparing a paper with
the title "Partha Chatterjee and the Inner Space of Indian Tradition", based
on the ciritical review of the book by Partha Chatterjee, _The Nation and
Its Fragments: Colonial and Postcolonial Histories_, Princeton University
Press, Princeton, 1993. He certainly could contribute to this topic.

Rakesh, I think this a good occasion to approach David once again.

Hinrich