leaderism

boddhisatva kbevans at panix.com
Mon May 20 23:15:25 MDT 1996

		Rahul,

	I've often thought that a certain "leaderism" pervades all Marxism -
especially when it comes to Marx.  Many Marxists become "fundamentalists"
using quotations from Capital like an evangelist with the Bible.  Marxism is
distinct and greater than the original texts.  All that Marx wrote is not
pertinent to modern Marxism.

	Likewise, Trotskyists and Leninists always amuse me because they use
the texts of the great men so much, that their arguments inevitably become
reduced to bibliographical bickering.  And Maoists! - I mean, "Mao said"
equals "Is true" for them.

	peace