PROLETARIANS of the world unite!

C u961680 at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue May 21 23:17:03 MDT 1996

The MIM argument that there are no Euro/Amerikan, Euro/Aussie or 'white'
(whatever that means) proletarians in the imperialist countries
(USA, Australia) proletarians is, at least for me, thoroughly unconvincing.

The quotes advanced by MIM below don't assist their racial analysis of
the working class.

In Australia there is a split in the working class between the labour
aristocracy and the 'real masses' which Lenin spoke of, and urged
communists to principally organise amongst. These propertyless
proletarians include immigrant and indigenous workers as well as some
"Aussies." In between these two sections of the working class are the
numerically significant semi-proletarians referred to in the quotes
extracted by MIM.

In Australia the proletariat's strategy for coming to power is a
Communist Party-led united front in which the proletariat, through its
Communist Party leads the revolutionary masses to seize state power
through People's War. People's War in Australia is basically a lengthy
period of preparation, leading to insurrection and then civil war as was
the case with the Bolshevik Revolution.