Dialectics and Maoist class struggle via national question

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri May 24 14:54:37 MDT 1996

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Maoist Internationalist Movement wrote:

> (clip) In fact, your average
> "national bourgeois", let's say in Peru, for example, has probably less
> "capital" that the average industrial worker in the US or Germany, if we are
> to contabilise what the latter has in average savings, equity, disposable
> income, etc.

2 questions:

1) I thought "contabilise" is a musical term as in "andante contabilise",
a lovely piece by Tchaikowsky I believe. Not so?

2) Are you in the habit of making up statistics, as exemplified by the
claim that the average US factory worker has more capital at his disposal
than the national bourgeoisie in Peru? I too love to make up statistics
but only when I've had too much to drink. Just the other night when I was
in "Finnegan's Wake", a bar on the east side, I told the lout sitting next
to me that one out of seventeen Congressmen has been arrested for
bestiality. But surely on this list we should be more assiduous about
documentation when it comes to the sort of claims MIM has just made.