Clinton's Contract with America

Hugh Rodwell m-14970 at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat May 25 11:33:49 MDT 1996

In the midst of a lot of words, Nathan says:

>the real choice is Clinton versus Dole

In other words, imperialism versus imperialism.

Look, even in Britain with its class-based Labour Party, there are few
people who would claim any longer that Thatcher (sorry Major!) versus Blur
is 'the real choice'.

The task in our countries (Sweden, too, of course) is to *create* the
revolutionary political alternative that will provide the working class and
its allies with a *real choice*, and this doesn't mean electorally but in
terms of choosing between bourgeois or proletarian foundations of society.

The rest is superficial hogwash.

As long as the bourgeoisie has a monopoly grip on the political machinery
of our countries, we have no real choice.

If they're in jail, most people want to get out, regardless of the quality
of the food.

And remember, if voting could change the system, it would be illegal...

Cheers,

Hugh