THE MINISTER AND THE AMBASSADOR DON ADOLFO

Luis Quispe lquispe at blythe.org
Sat May 25 14:21:48 MDT 1996

> >My dear Arch:  Are up on the latest techniques for exorcism?
> >
> >Maybe here we have one of those Hollywood horror movie dolls that everyone
> >knows is just a "special effect" but nevertheless continues to elicit gasps
> >of disgust from the movie goers every five minutes.
> >
> >One must always recognise real talent, wherever it comes from.  I propose an
> >"Oscar" for the ventriloquist.  Pity he or she seems rather stage-shy (maybe
> >FBI regulations prevent appearances to collect "awards").  In the mean time,
> >could you please sprinkle a couple of buckets of holy water in that direction?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Adolfo
>
> Don Adolfo,
>
> I often enjoy your attacks on various dreadful ogres, even when many of
> them turn out, on closer inspection, to be windmills. But a word to the
> wise: this war between you and Quispe (and now MIM) is not helping any of
> you, nor is it gaining support for the PCP. I stopped reading it long ago,
> and I don't know which of you is an Avakianist or a CIA agent or a
> Fujimorista or whatever, and in any case it has no wider significance. The
> important thing for you is to try to publicize what the PCP is doing and
> drum up support. Getting involved in this tedious, personalized, and
> politically irrelevant controversy can only hurt your cause. I'm not asking
> you to change your political views; just tell us more about Peru and less
> about Quispe.
>
> Gabriel (Rahul's getting his halo adjusted and I'm using his e-mail account
> in the meantime)

Dear Monsignor Rahul:

That's the wisest thing we have heard from you prelate. We will consider
your advise seriously and will not refer to Don Adolfo anylonger (unless
he throws up in our back yard.) We are preparing an ariticle on the
latest guerrilla offensive in Peru (e.g., Today, electricity in 3
districts of Lima were black out, while Fujimori was leaking his master
Clinton, one of the largest rallies of teachers, students, public
employees, workers and street vendors was held in Lima, the General
Direction of Human Settlements -key to counterinsurgency- was dinamyted
with thre powerful explossions, the details of the smashing of the Shell-
Mobil Corporation (150 kg. of anfo) , the offices of Mercedes Benz and
Toyota were blow out, the unfurling of huge red flags in all bridges of
Lima, the flag on the top of Cerro Cristobal -Lima's highest hill-, and
other 45 significant actions during the celebration of the 16th
Anniversary of the launching of the People's War...that's what we will
report soon.

In struggle,

Luis.