Pessimism of the Intellect, and the Optimism of the Will

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 26 12:03:58 MDT 1996

>Zeynep:
>
>>> btw, It still seems to me as if we've already hit the bottom, and things are
>>> changing worldwide. Anywhichway, I completely agree, to hell with sobriety!
>
>Jorn:
>
>>Yes.

Rahul:

>Had we already hit the bottom, things would be moving up. I see no
>scintilla of a sign of it.

Take comfort from stock market analysts, who argue that after a dramatic
crash, you need a long period of base-building before a sustained upward
thrust can begin. A quick snapback from a crash, without the base-building,
is likely to be a trap. At least that's what they say.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer