postmarxism and postmodernism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 27 11:46:42 MDT 1996

At 10:53 AM 5/27/96, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:

>However, I really don't see the point of providing some kind of radical
>cv for you or for the rest of the list.  I would rather find topics that
>we can discuss in mutually helpful ways.  However, I don't find the need
>to caricature your approach to things, and I think it would help the
>discussion if you didn't find such a need, either.

OK, I'm interested in doing this. Are there more politically helpful ways
to think/talk about capital that a half-generation of cult stud has
provided us with? (By helpful I mean persuasive to the masses, to the point
where it can grip their minds and become a material force.) If we
de-demonize capital, remove all traces of representation of it as the Other
- where does that get us politically?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood