CONTINUE, DEEPEN the CAMPAIGN against COPS

Maoist Internationalist Movement mim3 at blythe.org
Mon May 27 12:20:48 MDT 1996

CONTINUE, DEEPEN the CAMPAIGN against COPS in the Support
Movement for the People's War in Peru
>from the Maoist Internationalist Movement

Rolf Martens is already celebrating supposed victory, which reminds MIM
of how Hua Guofeng promised Mao not to let up on Deng Xiaoping, made
such public statements himself and then abandoned the campaign to expose
Deng as a capitalist-roader. Meanwhile, the most aggressive critic of MIM
on the labor aristocracy--who ignored the issue that his kitchen was
burning so that he could take lazy and petty potshots at MIM on this--that
critic is the one Quispe has duped. Is there any surprise? Not for MIM.

OK, but we have some more sympathy for Rolf Martens, because he can't
know what is going on over here. And it reminds MIM of how we must
deepen this campaign. You see Mr. Martens, the origins of the Quispe
problem are a little deeper than the couple people on the INTERNET you
met. In fact, the Quispe phenomenon does not originate on the
INTERNET at all and cannot be reached with the speed of an e-mail
message.

I hope you will give us 2-3 months to clean up this Quispe problem, Mr.
Martens. Yes, we do guarantee you victory, so you may drink your
champagne now if you must, but drink and don't be too tipsy in your
politics. We will even let you fritter away your time denouncing MIM's
line on the labor aristocracy; maybe you should prepare your essays and
venomous arrows now in these weeks and you can shoot them at us later;
just don't undermine this campaign right now. Oh, and let us add that MIM
is definitely one of the stoutest if not the stoutest defender of the "Gang of
Four" and Stalin in the world. That should keep you busy for a while. Why
don't you prepare those essays now, and release them in say August.

Two issues of Maoist Sojourner should do the trick for the MIM circles
that Quispe has penetrated. Unless Mr. Quispe announces publicly with
photographs that he is on the helicopter to his CIA-pensioned villa in the
Bahamas for retirement, do let us apply a couple months of struggle Mr.
Martens. What has been built up over years cannot be completely
destroyed in one blow, even the self-inflicted blow of attacking El Diario
and the MPPs. Not only has Quispe snookered a lot of people into building
up his prestige, but also he has made some very clear overtures to the
RCP-USA to have it bail him out. So I'd be on your guard. RCP-USA
entry into the fray on the wrong side could delay the outcome even another
couple months. Thanks to all those proletarian-minded people who have
already entered on the correct side of the fray. You have sped up this
process and done something to improve everyone's security.

Already by November 17, 1993, Quispe shows up in MIM circles, without
his eventual "MPP" name, and almost out of nowhere in retrospect, and
with impeccable MIM circles credentials by MIM standards and with added
boasting about connections to Stockholm. Maybe you could run up there
and check on that for us Mr. Martens? What I am trying to tell you is that
already by November 17, 1993 Quispe has done some work that we are
going to have to undo.

Let me share just one bit of tactics from Mr. Quispe; maybe others have
seen it as well. Let me say first that MIM NEVER considered Quispe to be
a PCP-sent emissary giving us the franchise or anything else. Quispe is
right about that. His idea of giving us the franchise was to get us into the
"red fraction" of RIM. But here's what he said on February 11, 1994, "As
instructed by our organization, we are willing to cooperate with you in
anything else you may need us." Other parts of the letter and other letters
make it clear he is referring to the PCP.  So if you want to know how he
showed up on our doorstep with impeccable credentials, we have to look at
the sugar-coated bullet tactics. By making it known in MIM circles that he
was offering his unlimited (and real) services including translating to MIM
and the PCP, Quispe got quick entry which he used as a kind of reference
to deal with MIM directly. Maybe he used such tactics even before coming
to MIM circles.

To return to the e-mail topic at hand, there are three authors to follow here
in four messages. First is Quispe, then MIM, followed by the Australian
dupe of Quispe followed by MIM again.
><snip>
>
>>> WHAT HYPOCRESY, MIM? YOUR PUBLICATIONS SAID
THAT IS WAS OK
>>> TO CAPITULATE, TO HAVE "PEACE TALKS."
>>
>> MIM replies: <snip>
>> SHOW US LIBELOUS COP SCUM WHERE IT SAYS IN MIM
>> PUBLICATIONS THAT WE CAN "CAPITULATE"!
>
>       No problem. See "Maoist Sojourner", January 1995, p.2 where MIM
>       stated, "It appears Comrade Gonzalo has indeed called on the
>       Peruvian government for peace negotiations. There is nothing
>       wrong with that."
>
><snip>

MIM replies: You are writing Lenin, Stalin, Mao and the Communist Party
of the Philippines into the "capitulator" camp. Typical lazy, ultraleft
posturing. But important, notice the date of what he points to--Jan. 1995.
This comrade from Australia is too lazy to keep track of dates.

>> MIM-COP, YOU REQUESTED FOR YEARS W/O SUCCESS TO
BE
>> ADMITTED IN RIM, THEY DID NOT WANT YOU.
>>
>> MIM replies: This is pure disinformation comrades. Those who know
MIM
>> and the RCP-USA a long time back know this is not possible and makes
no
>> sense.

>       What are we to make of these quotes from the article, "RCP Moves
>       Closer to MIM line," in MIM Notes 39, January 1990?
>
>        "With the publication of the RCP comment in A World To Win
>         (November 1988), there is little doubt now that the RCP has moved
>         closer to the MIM line in many ways."

        "MIM applauds this progression in the RCP's line."

        "In conclusion, MIM salutes the developments within the RCP,
>         particularly in relationship to the RIM in the November 1988 issue
>         of A World To Win and the special issue on Mao."

 "...the RIM still has had nothing to say to MIM, despite the drafte
>         of an open letter (now official) to them..."

MIM replies: Why don't you quote that open letter, lazybones Liberal
comrade  in Australia? It is the only Maoist open letter in the world at that
time calling out the RCP for making a cardinal question of whether you
sleep with the opposite sex at night or the same sex. It is the only public
critique defending Jiang Qing against unbacked accusations of
"subjectivism" and it defends Stalin against RCP-USA crypto-Trotskyism.
NO WHERE DOES IT REQUEST ADMISSION TO RIM, lazybones
Liberal! As we have said and even Quispe has admitted in the past, what IS
interesting about it is that the RCP-USA NEVER replied to the polemic.
Its policy is to DODGE polemic.

Now look at the date of the quote that the comrade from Australia
introduces. HE IS TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING MIM SAID IN
REPLY TO SOMETHING IN 1988 THAT MIM PUBLISHED IN
EARLY 1990. Australian dupe, Quispe was far from a scattered letter-
writer at that point even. And even he admits some interest in us at first,
so your attempt to prove that MIM is "working with the RCP" based on
this thing that you did not read, is laughable. Quispe means we are working
with the RCP now, not 1990.

For that matter, if lazybones would go back and read what he is talking
about, he would find out that his accusation would also apply against the
PCP. The PCP is the one mentioned in the 1988 document as pressuring
the RCP. So is PCP working with RCP? The answer is: not the way
lazybones intended, but in actual fact!

Add to this the stupidity of the Fujimori psy-war, which only corrosive
ultraleft liberals and other pre-scientific comrades could possibly fall for.
Here is Quispe, who is losing arguments all over the place and unable to
maintain his cover, forced into attacking MIM motivations (and AO
personal background and instead of attacking MIM arguments) with cop-
like descriptions of MIM. But he stumbles. On the one hand, he wants
readers to be scandalized that supposedly MIM does everything to obtain
the "franchise" or "legitimacy" from the PCP. Let us call this the new-
woman-MIM-come-to-claw-the-old-wife-RCP-USA-out-of-the-PCP-bed
scenario--and we have been quite frank in order to aid the process of
building class consciousness here to defeat cops, that that has some truth to
it, on a bad day especially, but also on any day when MIM sees the
desperate need to unite those who can be united around our third cardinal.
However, on the other hand, Quispe also likes to point to MIM as
"working with the RCP" against the PCP. Well he has to make up his mind
about which psy-war tactics he is going to use against us, because either
we are the jealous woman or we aren't. There can only be one PCP-
recognized vanguard in imperialist North America.