INTERVIEW WITH ITALIAN MAGAZINE "CONO SUR" - Part 4 of 5

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Tue May 28 17:27:46 MDT 1996

Interview by a correspondent of the Italian magazine "Cono Sur" with A.
Olaechea. spokesman for Committee Sol Peru - London (Continued)

Q.  What can you tell me about the magazine "Sol Rojo"(Red Sun)?

Well, in that respect, C0-RIM - desperate to cover up its schemes - has
taken to financing a few individuals of Peruvian nationality who have been
recruited among those who used to form part of the clicque of traffickers
recruited by Javier Esparza ("the individual in Sweden") and who were
instrumental in instrumenting the reactionary plot of "peace agreement" on
behalf of the Fujimori regime abroad.  Today, Co-RIM is attempting to pass
this gang off as "representatives of the PCP who work within Co-RIM".

This is part and parcel of a second capitulation fraud which Avakian
revisionism is pupettering directly and which aims at silencing press organs
such as El Diario Internacional and our own Committee Sol Peru.  This scheme
is inscribed in the long history of the opportunist burocracy controlling
RIM of attempting to divide the parties that belong to this movement.  For
example, in the case of the Communist Party of Turkey Marxist-Leninist (TKP
M-L) they even went so far as to engineer a splinter group pretending to be
a paralell "Central Committee" and which they gave the highfallutin title of
"Maoist Committee".

This kind of actions are typical of the hegemonists and also have to be
smashed by means of struggle for unity directed against revisionism.  These
two aspects of struggle are inseparable.  Therefore we also like to alert
the revolutionaries of the world about this publication (Sol-Rojo) and to
state that such a publication has nothing in common with the proletarian
revolutionary line but it is a pawn of opportunists.

It is important that the progressive people take stock of these events and
that they realise how necessary it is to carry on this struggle without any
hesitation or reserve.  The entire charade is centered upon the objective of
promoting a plot which serves the Fujimori regime to carry on claiming :
"Division within the ranks of Shining Path".  It is a key task to reject
this plot.

NEXT:

Q.  From your opinions, may we assume that there is no democracy in the way
that the leaders of Co-RIM behave towards the parties that are part of this
movement?

Translated and Published by Committee Sol Peru - London
Documentation