Unpredictably crystallizing synergies

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed May 29 05:25:27 MDT 1996

Hugh, it's obviously useless to debate you any further. When you go from
only misrepresenting what I say to also misrepresenting what you said, you
give clear notice of the degree of your intellectual honesty.

I already said what I meant by calling Marx a Platonic essentialist, and
it's obvious from his language anyway. There are also, I believe, many
books written about it. A few words which were not meant to be precise do
not condemn my intellectual perspective.

The great mass movements that led to revolution never evolved in the ways
the leaders tried to make them and often the masses were in fact ahead of
the "leaders." Read Trotsky's comments on the Russian revolutions.

Rahul