Undialectical thinking about jazz

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri May 31 13:24:48 MDT 1996

>From lnp3 at columbia.edu Fri May 31 15:23:25 1996
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 15:22:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Louis N Proyect <lnp3 at columbia.edu>
To: Robert Perrone <perrone1 at igc.apc.org>
Subject: Re: Blues & Jazz (and punk!)

Hi, Robert. Great to hear from you again. In the back of my mind I am
always thinking, "What does Robert think of this?". Yeah, I just wrote
that off the top of my head as I was about to go off to a meeting. I think
a more rounded approach would definitely take into account the more roots
oriented Jazz that never died out in the black community. I am thinking of
tenor/organ combos, pianists like Ramsey Lewis, singers like Sarah Vaughan
and guitarists like Wes Montgomery. When I was in Houston in the early 70s
there were numerous clubs in the south ward that featured bands in this
vein made up of local talent.

That's what you get for not thinking dialectically!!

Louis