Stop the damn posturing

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri May 10 12:58:13 MDT 1996

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Robert Malecki wrote:

> Well, i have been doing my best Louis. One thing i wasn,t doing was giving
> uncritical support to the Sandinistas. Then i helped point out that the

Louis: I was recruiting engineers, machinists, computer programmers to
keep Nicaragua's infrastructure going while my country was trying to
destroy it during the contra war. I was also organizing coalitions to stop
contra funding. These are *actions*. You and the nameless other people you
refer to when you say "we" did nothing but talk. Talk does not confront
capitalism; mass action does. You talk and talk and talk. In my book this
is called an armchair-revolutionary. It is a form of behavior that is
typical of the intellectuals you curse at every day on this list.