Colombia

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 1 00:59:32 MDT 1996

Many thanks to PO for posting this report.

A week or two ago I thought I heard the BBC report
that the National Liberation Army had declared war
nationwide war in some form against the government.

Does anyone have information on the political aims of
The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the
National Liberation Army (ELN) mentioned in PO's
report, including what their answer is to the
neo-liberal policies being imposed by the government
under pressure from the IMF and US/western imperialism?

Chris

PS. Does anyone have details of the peace agreement
recently reported as signed in Guatemala?