On Najibullah. On Rolf's involuntary usefulness.

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 3 06:19:06 MDT 1996

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Carrol Cox wrote:

>     Are jackasses needed for the health of a maillist?

Louis: I am on a moderated list right now, the Left Unity List. It is one
of the most interesting lists I have ever participated in. Right now a
clear political difference seems to be emerging over the relevance of the
Transitional Program. David McReynolds, a legendary figure on the US left,
and I, a leading buffoon, argue that it might be an obstacle to effective
political action since it is used in such a doctrinaire manner. Other
people, who are very sharp but still Trotskyish to one degree or another,
like JJ Plant, Per Mathisen and Luciano Dondero, tend to think it is much
more vital. We didn't need a jackass to get this conversation going.