Fred Ferguson on Malecki

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 4 06:55:34 MDT 1996

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Hugh Rodwell wrote:

> Louis is the one who hurled the criminal accusations at Bob, and boasted
> loud and clear that he would *dig out the proof* whatever the cost in terms
> of Hard Intellectual Work, and also that he would have Malecki's balls for
> breakfast.

Louis: OK, let's get this straight once and for all. I have declared
Malinovsky/Malecki to be innocent of all criminal accusations over and
over again. He did not destroy draft files. He did not "destroy" the Dow
Chemical computer (what a laugh!).

And I did the ultimate hard intellectual work. I read Malecki's memoir
>from beginning to end. Anybody who believes, as Rodwell does, that this is
anything but bullshit doesn't deserve to call themselves a Marxist. I am
done with Malinovsky/Malecki by the way. I have convinced myself that the
only verifiable political act in his life was helping to destroy M1. Is he
a cop? I think so. Can I "prove" this? No, as I already said I couldn't.

On the other hand, Malecki/Malinovsky has not been able to provide the
list with any corroborating evidence. You would think that somebody
this accomplished as an anti-imperialist would have a single
newspaper clipping in his possession. All he would have to do is
email Rodwell and say, "Check out the Cleveland Plain-Dealer Oct. 13,
1969. There's a big article about my activities: Blue-collar Worker
Destroys Draft Files". Hugh would go to the library, make a copy, and
start sending it to people like Hans Ehrbar.

Think how damaging this would be to me. But no, Malinovsky/Malecki can not
do this. The reason for this, of course, is that he has never done
anything but wreak havoc on Internet Marxism mailing lists. Since the only
thing Rodwell is interested in is destroying this nest of Menshevik
vipers called M1 and to be called M-I, I am not surprised he is so
protective of Malinovsky/Malecki.