List market appraisals

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 6 06:47:28 MDT 1996

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Chris Burford wrote:

> This however may take a long time, and I would suggest that for
> marxism-general to have many of the creative advantages of M1 with
> fewer of the weaknesses, and to command an interest from several
> hundred readers, it would be in the interests of that publishing
> project also to have volume limits from day one. This would immediately
> concentrate people's minds about how to use their shots best.

Louis: Dr. Burford, do you have a distant relative that was a squid? The
kind of ink-fog you are generating beggars description. An "unmoderated"
list with a volume limit? This is exactly what M-I is supposed to be, at
least for the time being. The unmoderated list is just the place we need,
on the other hand, that will accomodate Rolf Martens 14 times a
day re-posting of Chinese CP documents from 30 years ago. Why suffocate
this kind of creativity? You yourself are cut out for the new unmoderated
list. You will be able to commune with such rare spirits as Shawgi Tell,
Rolf Martens, etc. to your heart's delight.