Goldwater moving in next door

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 6 11:31:33 MDT 1996

At 1:43 AM 10/6/96, Hugh Rodwell wrote:

>So why all the pissing around the pot? Why all the tittle-tattle about
>figures in the bourgeois democratic establishment who are never ever ever
>going to realize a single democratic demand that actually satisfies the
>needs of the whole people?

"The whole people"? What a strange concept coming from an alleged Marxist.
Whatever happened to class conflict, Comrade?

Your professed indifference to bourgeois politics is also strangely
un-Marxist. I seem to remember Marx writing quite a bit about the various
competing fractions in British and French politics, and he even had a thing
or two to say about U.S. politics - even getting into the structure and
meaning of the U.S. Senate.

But getting into those sorts of details today would involve work and
thought. Much easier to stay pure and denounce everyone else's impurities
and betrayals.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood