The PCP-SL and the Peruvian Trotskyists

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Sun Oct 6 13:44:29 MDT 1996

>At 3:43 PM 10/6/96, Hugh Rodwell wrote:
>
>>The trotksyist have a complete different strategy. We are against any kind
>>of popular front for the votes (United Left) or for the weapons (PCP-SL &
>>MRTA). We are for the working class self-emancipation. We are for organising
>>the toilers resistance against capitalist attacks, for rebuilding unions,
>>for creating councils and militias and for a future proletarian
>>insurrection.

Doug comments, sensibly:

>If this is what Trots are all about, why then have they failed so dismally
>in the world of real politics? Why do Trot parties constantly split, purge,
>and devolve into strange personality cults? Does their tendency to parse
>every phrase for subtle evidence of heresy have anything to do with it? Or
>their habit of repeating empty formulas endlessly (as demonstrated by our
>own power trio Malecki-Rodwell-Vlad)?
>
>Look at this piece of dead prose excerpted above? "Against any kind of
>popular front." "Toilers resistance." "Rebuilding unions." "Future
>proletarian insurrection." The same phrases pockmark virtually every
>pronunciamento coming from the Trot faithful - and every one as empty. Just
>*how* do you propose to do these things? By muttering the stale
>incantations in the hope that the "toilers" will sign up?
>
>Say what you like about Adolfo, but he's rooted in a real struggle in a
>real country, and shows real knowledge of Peru's political and social
>structures. The power trio is rooted in nothing more substantial than their
>own fantasies of doctrinal purity, fertilized with litanies of 60 years
>ago.
>
>Doug

Well Doug, if that should not be enough, exposure.  Think this one trough:

Rodwell is against "any kind of United Front".  (his words above)

However, he re-publishes the allegations of another "Trotskyst" (this one
actually posting from Peru) who proposes a United Front with the "unions and
the left" and wants the "few PCP people" oppossed to Fujimori's "Peace
Agreement" to sign it and thus "qualify" for his "United Front"!

Is that not a laugh?  Here maybe.  But there, where these questions are life
or death issues for the revolution, all this is maybe not so funny, and I
certainly see why the people would take a much dimmer view of these
activities, however foolish and inane they may appear here, at a distance.

But that is not all: Malecki too, unlike Rodwell, is for United Fronts,
lists, clubs, etc., whatever, that would take him in. (i.e. United Fronts,
list and clubs which aim to commit public harakiri like Quispe did).

And in practice, all these gentlemen, those FOR and those against "all kinds
of United Fronts" have, actually, formed HERE, a United Front of fleas,
cockroaches and religious nuts.  And what is this United Front for besides
serving as the background noise for a camapign of shroud waving inspired and
OPENLY MONITORED in this list by the Fujimori Ministry of Foreign Relations?

It is a United Front advocating that everyone should hand them over their
revolutionary gains gratis, since only, they allege with touching religious
conviction, with the patented and unique "magic potion" of their leadership
and ideology, those "deformed rvolutionaries" who do not have it, can hope
for any success.

And then, the only thing they can agree on is in issuing their repetitive
and periodical DEMANDS to ARM THE WHOLE WORKING CLASS - while they
themselves are incapable of picking up a pin or even a tooth pick, let alone
an axe, a sword, or a gun.  Is this not the most trite superficiality?

These are remarkably funny gentlefolk here, at a distance, and in
Cyberspace: They have no guns, and they have no votes. Moreover, according
to Rodwell, they neither want guns and, god forbid, neither do they want votes.

What do they have?  What do they really want in life?  They have: A
"transitional program" of vacuous phrases and trite generalities which they
apply to any situation, regardless of time, place or concrete conditions.

In synthesis, all they have is plenty of convoluted and baroque words and
powerful gases to emit these at random! And what do these words and
over-worked phrases boil down to?:  To a laundry list of pious wishes not
worth the paper these are printed on!

And what do they really want?:  To be able to stand in street corners or
post to marxism lists like Bible freaks selling their "revelations" which
are but full of regurgitations of that same worthless "transitional
programme" like all their trite and worthless wares are.

Can any one really wonder why this kind of people would get on the working
classes nerves anywhere where there is a concrete struggle going on?  Can
people not see why it is likely that if a Peruvian malecki was behaving in a
Red Zone under Army ocupation, or in a factory in which the workers are kept
in line with machine gun emplacements looking down on them from the
perimeter wall, just like malecki has behaved in this list, this "Peruvian
malecki" would be sure to be getting the short end of the stick? Or, do they
really expect the long suffering masses not to demand his scalp?.

In Peru the class struggle is today a matter of immediate life and death.
Blabbering fools, even if they were not already working for the reactionary
state, and not engaged FOR PAY in the strategic plans of the Military High
Command for using the unions, the schools, the shanty town organisations as
grounds to infiltrate bogus "modest-militants" in order to ferret out the
real revolutionaries, even if all such provocateur activities were done
GRATIS out of sheer brain damage due to gargantuan drug abuse, still, the
people have no time or patience for counter-revolutionary nosey parkers, and
only fools would tread there where Angels don't dare!

Knowing malecki and Rodwell - his "comrades" - it is evident that Roberto
Chiara, in the most charitable and unlikely of all cases, brought his own
fate upon himself!.  That these fleas are now HERE, in this list, waving his
sorry shroud in order to contribute their grain of sand to the Peruvian
Military High Command counter-revolutionary strategy, is also perfectly in
line with all their antics in this list.

Adolfo Olaechea