List market appraisals

Zeynep Tufekcioglu zeynept at turk.net
Sun Oct 6 17:46:14 MDT 1996

>An "unmoderated"
>list with a volume limit? This is exactly what M-I is supposed to be, at
>least for the time being.

M-I *will* be moderated. It won't be censored. It will be moderated along
what we hope to be clear guidelines. A separate, unmoderated list will
continue to exist.

We are hoping for a new list that will have a broad international reach. A
list where people won't have the download 300 messages a day from the same 7
people, repeating yesterday's posts. That kind of an overloaded list will
remain accessible only to people with a lot of free time and money, both of
which communists and revolutionaries, almost by definition lack.

I truly hope that, if this forum does become an important political tool for
revolutionaries around the world, subscribers will be careful with how they
use their posts. What the struggle needs is international interaction,
debate, solidarity. That requires effort from all subscribers. We hope to
create a climate that encourages and fosters responsible behaviour.

Zeynep