G Healy : Notes of a heterodox

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Sun Oct 6 23:10:54 MDT 1996

Jj Plant wrote:

> Since nobody can claim apostolic descent from Trotsky, 'orthodox
> trotskyist' is a label that anybody can pick up and attach to
> themselves.
>
> There is a technical sense in which the phrase is sometimes still
> used - that of the Cannon/Healy/Lambert part of the greatest of the
> splits in the history of trotskyism.
>
> G Healy wears the label in both cases.

I wondered about that title too. I think you are right about Healy
claiming it. Both Messers.Maleki and Rodwell use the term, but on a
whole number of issues they have differences. So they can't both be
"orthodox". Anyway, when I hear that word I imagine men wearing black
with funny hats, beards, and hair! You know about these things John. Is
that what "orthodox Trotskyists" wear?

Comradely,

Richard.