Poder Obrero vs PCP/SL No 1

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 23:40:00 MDT 1996

Poder Obrero has sent me three messages for forwarding to the list
recently. I apologise for the delay in dealing with them.

_________________________________
jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk

Olaechea proved himself to be a terrible falsifier of history.
He continues to lie as he wants.

>"Taken to Lima and imprisoned, Blanco's much vaunted "movement"
>fizzled out, and sometime later Blanco himself made his peace with
>the Military regime - becoming a minor functionary of the fascist
>dictatorship of General Velasco Alvarado."

Blanco was in jail since the first day of the Velasco coup. Later he
was liberated and immediately expelled from the country. Next he
returned and was again immediately expelled. Blanco was always in
OPPOSITION to the military junta. That is why he became the most
popular far left candidate in recent Andean history.

When Olaechea was in a nice exile Blanco and the trotskyists suffered
persecution, jail and expulsion.

>"Where have Trots managed even set up a "little Soviet" even a
>student Soviet, or a road sweepers soviet, or even a penpushers
>soviet and defended it with weapons in hand?"

Trotsky was the president of the first soviets (Petrograd 1905 and
1917).

In Peru in the early 1960s Blanco in Cuzco and Quesada in Piura led
dual power peasant unions.

In Bolivia the dual power general strike of 1936 was heavily
influenced by pro-trotskyist forces. In late 1940s the trotskyists
were engaged in mine occupations. In 1952 the POR had 1/4 of the COB,
a proto-soviet body with its own militias. In 1971 the Popular
Assembly was heavily influenced by Trotskyists. The trotskyists
participated in the armed mass resistance against different coups and
juntas in Bolivia since the 1970s and 1980s. Poder Obrero (Bolivia)
was trained in those fights.

Where then have the Maoists led Soviets?

A soviet is based in the hegemony of the industrial workers, in
workers democracy, in united front and in delegates elected and
recallable in mass assemblies.

ALWAYS the maoists destroy workers democracy. When they lead one
popular organisation they eliminate the opposition with violence (in
Peru they KILL all their opponents).

Maoists are against election and revocability of delegates. In Peru
it is the Party and its periphery who decided who will be leader or
NOT. If you are from a different left party you may be threatened
physically or even murdered.

Maoists are against workers hegemony. When the workers organised
strikes, the PCP-SL came and shot their leaders or provoked
repression. They wanted the unions to be completely subordinated to
the maoist petit bourgeois elite.

Now we ask:

When did maoism NOT betray any revolution?

Mao and Ho destroyed the soviets in the 1940s revolutions. They
created bureaucratic proletarian dictatorships which isolated the
revolution in one country and which created a new bureaucratic
oligarchy which later restored capitalism. It was Mao who supported
UNITA pro-south Africans in Namibia, who helped the Sri lanka
massacre against the JVP guerrilla, who disarmed the biggest CP in
the capitalist world (Indonesia) against the Suharto coup, who
established relations with Pinochet's Chile when all the other
stalinist
countries broke them, and who finally welcomed Nixon and Kissinger.

In Peru the PCP-SL WAS NEVER A WORKERS PARTY. It has never had any
importance whatever in the unions and workers movement. Even
more, the first general strikes were openly BOYCOTTED by the PCP_SL.
In November 1987 a proto-soviet body was created (The people's
Assembly) but the PCP_SL called for its extermination.

The PCP_SL is a revolutionary petit bourgeois party against the
oligarchy but is also opposed to the workers councils revolution.

What happened with all the Peruvian Maoists?

The biggest Maoist party in Peru (Patriae Rosa) voted for Fujimori in
1990. The militarist maoist leader (Gonzalo, president of the PCP_SL)
is SUPPORTING ACTIVELY Fujimori.

We call on the honest Maoists in the world to study the situation in
Peru and to break with Gonzalo's capitulation. Only a proletarian
revolution based in workers councils and militias could save our
country and world from capitalism. Only a mass bolshevik party
which use every tribune of the class struggle could lead that
revolution. The PCP_SL is a big frustration. It never organised the
industrial workers independently and as a leading force. It opposed
its general strikes and proto-soviets and militias. It wanted to
establish an alliance with the national bourgeoisie (they found
one in the Huallaga river when they have a pact with the capitalists
that deal with the cocaine) and a people's CAPITALIST republic. In
the conflict with Ecuador, instead of advocating a Leninist defeatism
in both sides and the fraternisation of the workers of Peru and
Ecuador, the PCP_SL called for the defence of Peru's borders.

The PCP-SL is GUILTY of demoralising thousands and for giving the
military the pretexts to destroy the workers movement. One of the
reasons why Fujimori is so popular is because the workers were
disappointed with a party that created a sectarian violence against
their own mass organisations.

Ruiz
Poder Obrero