List market appraisals

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Oct 7 16:49:08 MDT 1996

Robert: (quoting Zeynep)
-------
>list where people won't have the download 300 messages a day from the same 7
>people, repeating yesterday's posts. That kind of an overloaded list will
>remain accessible only to people with a lot of free time and money, both of
>which communists and revolutionaries, almost by definition lack.

I agree that a money question in regards to number of posts is revelant!

Chris:
------

I am glad you accept Zeynep's point is a practical question and a class
question.

I have a complaint: the entire issue# 512 of marxism-digest 34K
consisted of your mails.  I can afford my telephone bills,
although I was astonished when I looked at my standing order
yesterday and I would like them to be lower. But if you are
consistent in your stated aims of helping poor and working class
people you will try to set an example on this.

In fact the majority of the 34K that has just arrived from you is
quotations from other people. You could have made  the same points,
in the same 8 posts but using only say 10K, if you had had the
courtesy to snip.

You act as if being considerate is a merely a sign of middle class or
bourgeois superiority, and that as a matter of principle
that you should drop your apostrophe's if you want to, and if
you remember.

Each class has its standards of consideration. No worker would sneeze in
their mates coffee. Occasional typos - so what?  But if you want to
continue to participate in an open list, I hope you will set an
example in ensuring that the list has a chance of being accessible to
poor and working class people.

Can you please remember to snip?

If so, how will you remember to do so?