On Olaechea's "reply"

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 03:56:01 MDT 1996

>> We invited Olaechea to write an article in our journal:
>> Nearly one week ago we asked Adolfo Olaechea if he have any article on the
>> Soviet in Lima (1963) or any evidence about Roberto Chiara's collaboration
>> with the regime and we offered the pages of our historical journal to >
>>print them.
>> Revolutionary History produced a book every 4 to 6 months and we printed
>> more than 1,000 copies.
>Until now we didn't receive an answer. Many people in the marxism-list asked
>Olaechea for that articles.
>
>How he replied?
>He sent our message with this title:
>> "Counter-revolutionary history Re: Lima 1963 and Chiara"
>Instead of trying to use a tribune he attacked us.
>He seems incapable of offering any response rather than accuse other people
>in this list as "counter-revolutionaries", "agents", etc.

Any history told from the point of view of the enemies of the revolution is
nothing but counter-revolutionary history. The history of the revolution
will be written by the masses, not by windbags.

Moreover, I do not write history.  I am to busy immersed in it to waste my
time in trying to define if Hugo Blanco was a hero or a failure.  The very
people of Peru - who he fooled for a few years - have already given their
verdict, and that is good enough for me!

And, lastly, the last thing I will do is to wite anything for a phoney left
rag. For our views, we got our own press, thankyou very much.

Adolfo Olaechea