Adolfo adopts the 'naughty girl' pose ....

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 23:57:00 MDT 1996

Adolfo wrote :

>Plant:  With counter-revolutionaries the weapon of criticism must give way to
criticism by the weapon.  Name time and place and I'll respond to your
"criticism" in person and we'll see who is the coward!.

If the above is an invitation to organise a public debate about the Peruvian
revolution, I should be happy to organise that. Please confirm if that is the
substance of your proposal. I would suggest Conway Hall, in Central London. One
of the smaller meeting rooms accommodates some 60 - 70 people. Its quite cheap
and can usually be financed by taking a collection at the meeting, but if you
seriously want a public debate I will underwrite the cost. We need about a
month's advance booking so we can mail out to the supporters of each side. I
suggest either 1 or 2 leading speakers on each side, whichever suits your
preference, speaking for up to 20 minutes, (or 10 - 15 each if 2 speakers on
each side) followed by say 60 minutes for public contributions and then 10
minutes for each side to reply. The topic of the meeting could be something
like 'Maoism or Trotskyism. Which road to Peruvian revolution ?' or anything
similar that you would find agreeable. It would be preferable in my view if we
agreed to tape the debate so it can be forwarded to subscribers in other parts
of the world, but if you find this objectionable then it is not essential.

If, on the other hand, you are seeking to experience physical chastisement at
my hands, then get your pinafore nicely ironed and I'll see you outside the
'Torture Garden'. Bring your shoe-shine kit, I'll bring my DMs.

jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk