Caesarism

shmage at pipeline.com shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 9 22:08:16 MDT 1996

After last weekend's debates, a friend, Marc Antony*
was hear to make the following remarks:

Friends, voters, countrymen, lend me your ears.
I come to size up Clinton, not to praise him.
The evil quickly spots timidity.
The good requires a measure of backbone.
So let us look at Clinton.

In Hartford, at debate the noble Dole
hath told you Clinton is a liberal.
If it were so, it is a serious charge
and seriously must Clinton answer it.

Now Clinton signed the bill for welfare cuts
to punish babies for their parents' sins.
In this did Clinton seem a liberal?
But Dole says Clinton is a liberal
and Bob Dole is an honourable man.

And Clinton's NAFTA lets the Mexicans
pollute, and shoot their union workers too.
But Dole says Clinton is a liberal
and Bob Dole is an honourable man.

And Clinton dropped his friend, Lani Guinier
for trying to to make real our voting rights.
And then he fired his Surgeon General
for giving honest counsel about sex.
But Dole says Clinton is a liberal
and Bob Dole is an honourable man.

He then hired Morris, Helms' hatchet man.
(It's not clear which one was the prostitute.)
And also penalized gay partnerships.
Does he expect this way to limit AIDS?
But Dole says Clinton is a liberal
and Bob Dole is an honourable man.

Bill Clinton, Gore, Jack Kemp, and Robert Dole.
So are they all, all honorable men.
Would it were so, that what Dole said is true.
But it is not, and none shall have my vote.

* The name has been changed to protect the guilty.