The Commintern

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 10 07:26:33 MDT 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Adam Rose wrote:

> vi) Most importantly, the Bolshevik tradition is far more than simply
> "democratic centralism" , important though this is. There is also a
> whole POLITICAL tradition re: ultra leftism, reformism, centrism, and
> nationalism. This political tradition is MORE important than the
> organisational tradition : the organisational consequences flow FROM
> the politics, NOT the other way round.

Louis: Yes, I used to believe the same thing myself. But when we are
dealing with the propensity of the Fourth International to create all
sorts of zany creeps, we have to wonder whether the problem might be
imbedded in the "vanguardist" arrogance of this current. What gives tiny
little groups the privilege to anoint themselves "nuclei" of the vanguard?
This is sickness, isn't it?