Plain dealing, plain speaking, and the listfutures

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 10 17:23:37 MDT 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Rosser Jr, John Barkley wrote:

>      1)  It's put up or shut up time, Lou.  Either you find
> some copies of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that malecki
> cited that lack his claimed articles, or I think that you
> must admit that at least part of his tale is correct, even
> if you disagree with how he claims to have participated in
> the antiwar movement (trying to blow up buildings).  You
> certainly did find some discrepancies in his tale, but your
> broader claim that he is a police agent hired to disrupt
> the list (although he does disrupt the list) looks
> increasing laughable.

Louis: Yes, I do owe Malecki a profuse apology. He certainly was guilty of
crimes and I'm glad he finally furnished the list with some evidence of
his past. He states that he was stockpiling dynamite to use in "public
buildings" and in a "power plant" to protest the Vietnam war. You describe
this "participating" in the antiwar movement. You are an even bigger
schmuck than I thought you were. What were you doing in the late 60s and
early 70s? Sitting in graduate student housing studying microeconomics?
Some of us were trying to mobilize millions of people into action against
a horrible imperialist war. The acts of people like the one's in Malecki's
gang or the ones who penetrated the Black Panther Party have nothing to do
with the 60s. They were often the result of conscious police provocation
with the assistance of pretty stupid people or people who had their brains
fried on acid. These types of "radical" actions helped to destroy the
black liberation movement and nearly derailed the antiwar movement, but we
won't let them destroy this list.