Plain dealing, plain speaking, and the listfutures

Anthony J Caruso acaruso at juno.com
Thu Oct 10 20:31:21 MDT 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:23:37 -0400 (EDT) Louis N Proyect
<lnp3 at columbia.edu> writes:
>On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Rosser Jr, John Barkley wrote:
>
>>      1)  It's put up or shut up time, Lou.  Either you find
>> some copies of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that malecki
>> cited that lack his claimed articles, or I think that you
>> must admit that at least part of his tale is correct, even
>> if you disagree with how he claims to have participated in
>> the antiwar movement (trying to blow up buildings).  You
>> certainly did find some discrepancies in his tale, but your
>> broader claim that he is a police agent hired to disrupt
>> the list (although he does disrupt the list) looks
>> increasing laughable.
>
>Louis: Yes, I do owe Malecki a profuse apology. He certainly was
>guilty of
>crimes and I'm glad he finally furnished the list with some evidence
>of
>his past. He states that he was stockpiling dynamite to use in "public
>buildings" and in a "power plant" to protest the Vietnam war. You
>describe
>this "participating" in the antiwar movement. You are an even bigger
>schmuck than I thought you were. What were you doing in the late 60s
>and
>early 70s? Sitting in graduate student housing studying
>microeconomics?
>Some of us were trying to mobilize millions of people into action
>against
>a horrible imperialist war. The acts of people like the one's in
>Malecki's
>gang or the ones who penetrated the Black Panther Party have nothing
>to do
>with the 60s. They were often the result of conscious police
>provocation
>with the assistance of pretty stupid people or people who had their
>brains
>fried on acid. These types of "radical" actions helped to destroy the
>black liberation movement and nearly derailed the antiwar movement,
>but we
>won't let them destroy this list.

Anthony writes:

GO LOU!!!! (The actions of people like this that associate themselves
with entities like the CPUSA and other political parties for the working
man also give those of us who belong to these organizations a bad rap. I
mean, really, some of us DO have common sense! :)  )

P.S. I have to ask...how does blowing up buildings advocate peace?

Anthony J. Caruso
acaruso at juno.com