G. Adams, Sinn Fein, IRA, how does it all work?

Matt D. afn02065 at afn.org
Fri Oct 11 11:33:16 MDT 1996

Richard Bos writes:

>If you want to know more about the role of Gerry Adams; I would highly
>recommend his new book. It should not be forgotten that the IRA and Sinn
>Fein are different organisations with different leaderships, and
>members.

Well, they are, and then again, not quite -- right?  Are you saying that
there is no overlap, or just coincidental overlap, between the leadership
of Sinn Fein and the IRA?  Are you saying that these organizations
are completely unrelated?  That seems rather farfetched.

My understanding is that Adams role with/in the *IRA* is not discussed
in his new book.  Indeed, it would be foolish if it were.

Anyway, I am not so much interested in Adams' opinion of himself as I
am in the opinions of Marxists from that neck of the woods.  And I am
curious about the nature of the relationship between the legal and
illegal wings of the republican movement in Ireland.  Look, I'm not
asking for top-secret info here, just some idea of what the situation
is.

-- Matt D.

-- Finger afn02065 at afn.org for PGP Public Key --