Neanderthals

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Fri Oct 11 12:39:50 MDT 1996

Jukka L writes:

>...Now I have forgot the name of that famous valley in eastern
>Africa - main source for our speculations concerning delevopment of
>humans -

Could you be speaking of the Omo River Valley in southern Ethiopia?    This
is,  I believe,  where the most complete Modern skull was uncovered some
forty years ago by Richard Leakey.    Called "Omo I",  it is estimated to be
130,000 years old,   which substantially predates fossil Moderns from the
Middle East.    This discovery significantly undermined the Candelabra
(multi-regional) hypothesis of co-extensive development.

Louis Godena