moneybags

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 11 16:13:45 MDT 1996

At 5:02 PM 10/11/96, Louis R Godena wrote:

>The rogues gallery of sponsors for the Lenin volume also include the Lynde
>and Harry Bradley Foundation and something called the Historical Research
>Foundation.

Another funder of the far right.

>The Open Society Institute was founded with personnel and
>(from what I understand) "other resources" from Freedom House (publishers of
>*Freedom at Issue*) and the recipient of Langley's largesse in the past.
>That's why I made the CIA connection.

That's interesting. Freedom House is pretty right-wing, though not really
New Right like Bradley and Olin. On the other hand, Soros has also hired
some prominent liberals, like Aryeh Neier. He funds some pretty tolerant
research on drugs, too. He seems to cover the waterfront.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer