What is Poder Obrero ?

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 17:28:00 MDT 1996

Richard,

Poder Obrero is one of the groups comprising LCMRCI,( LIAISON COMMITTEE OF
MILITANTS FOR A REVOLUTIONARY COMMUNIST INTERNATIONAL) who have posted their
statements quite extensively to this list and elsewhere over the last 6 months.
I checked my archive and found 34 posts from them. All that material will be in
the marxism-list archive. Their group in New Zealand has also been posting a
long and informative series about Bougainville to this list, approximately once
every 2 weeks over the last 4 months or so. They have published numerous
documents about their foundation, and current positions, which are available
direct or through some London bookshops. Their statements have been published
in 'Weekly Worker, 'Workers News' and elsewhere. Hardly a record of secrecy I
would suggest.

As you surmised, and as you can check in their statements in the archive, they
originated in a split within the international tendency led by the British
'Workers Power' group.

There are in fact two Poder Obrero groups, one in Peru and one in Bolivia, in
the LCMRCI. For the reasons recently explained by Adolfo and Louis G it is not
possible for the Peruvian section to post directly from Peru, where state
security is able to maintain surveillance over net postings.

You can get their documents from their mailing address :
        LCMRCI
        BCM 3213
        London
        WC1N 3XX
        Britain

including their new 'Internationalist Bulletin'.

Before anybody asks, I am not a member, and I disagree with many of their
positions. And I am sure they will disagree with my document on the
Transitional Programme. But they are, in my view, dedicated revolutionaries and
well-informed.

jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk