List operation : notes of a naive social-fascist liquidator gasbag etc

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 13 07:49:02 MDT 1996

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Stuart Sheild wrote:

> Yes exactly. A lot of cosy "subjects" so you can avoid having to think - or
> more important, do anything - about the real questions of leadership of the
> revolutionary proletariat. But then of course it's Olaechea who does your
> thinking for you these days, isn't it?

Louis: Now we are getting somewhere. I am absolutely interested in a
discussion of class relations in Peru and the objective economic framework
they take place in. I think a discussion of the role of coca in the
economy, the history of APRA, anti-Indian racism, Mariategui, etc. is just
the sort of thing I want to see discussed on a Marxism list. I absolutely
am not interested in a discussion of "the revolutionary leadership of the
proletariat." Every night I pray before I go to bed that I never have to
hear phrases like this for the rest of my life. Go phrase-monger over on
Egbar's list and let the rest of us discuss "subjects" on M-I.