In Defense of the SWP/anti-war mov't

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 13 12:19:14 MDT 1996

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, David Walters wrote:

> I will depart from SWP orthodoxy on somethings. I think some of the
> civil disobediance, taken together with the mass movement organized by
> us, was important. Certainly the destroying of draft records, arrests
> made at draft centers and other smaller actions did help, the movement
> as a whole. Our arguement at the time with these people (and many were

Louis: I feel the same way nowadays. The activities of people like the
Berrigans of course has nothing to do with the plots spun by people like
the Malecki-thing who were stockpiling dynamite to use in "public places"
and "power plants" after having attended a single antiwar meeting, after
having read a single antiwar leaflet.