List operation : notes of a naive social-fascist liquidator gasbag etc

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Sun Oct 13 10:21:35 MDT 1996

Louis N Proyect wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Stuart Sheild wrote:
>
> > Yes exactly. A lot of cosy "subjects" so you can avoid having to think - or
> > more important, do anything - about the real questions of leadership of the
> > revolutionary proletariat. But then of course it's Olaechea who does your
> > thinking for you these days, isn't it?
> >

> Louis: Now we are getting somewhere. I am absolutely interested in a
> discussion of class relations in Peru and the objective economic framework
> they take place in. I think a discussion of the role of coca in the
> economy, the history of APRA, anti-Indian racism, Mariategui, etc. is just
> the sort of thing I want to see discussed on a Marxism list. I absolutely
> am not interested in a discussion of "the revolutionary leadership of the
> proletariat." Every night I pray before I go to bed that I never have to
> hear phrases like this for the rest of my life. Go phrase-monger over on
> Egbar's list and let the rest of us discuss "subjects" on M-I.

I was surprised that Stuart thinks that those are "cosy" subjects. They
are very relevent to the whole situation in South America. If we could
learn more about them, it could shed more light on the rest of the
discussion on that region.

If the debate goes on as it is then people get fixed in their positions;
understanding and learning nothing.

--
Comradely,

Richard.