Leninism and "Stalinism"

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 13 17:12:06 MDT 1996

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Chris Burford wrote:

> Hugh and Robert claimed that theoretically there is a large gap
> between Stalin and Lenin.

Louis: Actually, isn't the new unmoderated list just the place to finally
discuss the whole Stalin-Trotsky question. I mean, after all, we have
never heard these names on this list up until today. I propose that
Rodwell and Malecki be the official representatives of Trotsky-thought
over there while Chris Burford be assigned to "triangulate" on Stalin's
behalf.

While these folks hammer away at each other, Hans Egbar can meditate on
child abuse. (Did I ever tell you about the time my father dragged me
through my home town tied to a horse because I did a half-assed job mowing
the lawn?)

I expect that everything that made M1 such a smashing success will be
found in abundance over there.