Does people which agree with slanders have the authority to rule

Hugh Rodwell m-14970 at mailbox.swipnet.se
Mon Oct 14 08:57:59 MDT 1996

I've been asked to forward this.

Cheers,

Hugh

One friend sent me a copy of the rules of the new marxism-international
list, which I *agree*:

"4. No accusations of the type that a list member is a cop. Anyone who
thinks s/he has a case, should privately mail the moderators producing
the evidence."

As far as I know Luis R Godena is one of their moderators.
Nevertheless, few days ago he did exactly the opposite of what this clause
said.

For one week there was one person which accused of the CIA, Fujimori and the
Peruvian "Minister of Information" all his opponents (which were a big
proportion of the people which actively send messages to the marxist list).
Without any single evidence he accused the following people of being people
whose profession was to spy for the fascists and the CIA:

* Hugh Rodwell
* John Plant
* Robert Malecki
* Garcia Nunez
* J. Ponce
* Ruiz
* L. Quispe
* Poder Obrero
* All the rest of Peruvian subscribers from the list and nearly all the
People which are in the internet Peruvian system

In addition he justified the killings of Chiara, Huillca, Cantoral and
leaders from all the significative left currents in Peru. The following
so-call Marxist political currents have Peruvian comrades which he openly
defended their murders:

* Former pro-Soviet Union Communists
* Former pro-Albania communists
* Pro-China communists
* Pro-Vietnam communists
* Pro-Korea communists
* Castroites
* Pro-Sandinistas
* Social democrats
* Left Christians
* New left
* Trotskyists
* Maoists from other currents

For him ALL are fascists which deserve to be eliminated!

Quite recently he threatened people inside the marxist list with physical
violence and some people in marxist list denounced that they are very
worried of being infected by virus produced by recently private
mail-bombings that he organised.

A moderator of a list which is openly against any kind of false accusations
and lumpen methods should openly *denounce* that methods. What Luis R Godena
did?

Jon Flanders, another of the 3 moderators of the new "non-slander" list,
wrote quite correctly a message *against* that lumpen behaviour. What was
Godena's comment?

On 9 October in his message "A note to Jon Flanders about Adolfo", Gondena
wrote:

" Jon,   you write:

>I completely agree that labelling anyone that disagrees with you as a
>counter-revolutionary is wrong. This is the heart of the problem of the
method
>that Adolpho uses. It leads him to the extremes that we have witnessed in
the
>last few days.

In fairness to Adolfo,  Jon, ... he has my respect and support."

We demand that Godena *openly* rejects the slander methods that we saw quite
often from the person which he supports. If not, he would not have any moral
authority to rule a list which have this clause: