A reply to the "forwarders" to Plant & Rodwell

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Mon Oct 14 12:14:37 MDT 1996

Some question has been raised anonymously (but I'm sure at the urging of
others who lack even the common courtesy to identify themselves as such)
concerning my support for Adolfo Oleachea.    For those who,  in their
wisdom,  are deleting everything unread relating to the so-called "Poder
Obrero" (which no one outside of this list seems to have even heard of) and
their silly supporters like jj plant,  I reproduce here the offending post.

I have not seen any evidence of Adolfo "fingering" anyone to be murdered by
the Peruvian security services.     There is,   however,  ample evidence
that various Trotskyites have been intimately involved in identifying
suspected Communists as "Sendero" to then be "disappeared",  tortured and
killed by the government,  a role well suited for them by years of similar
activities in Indonesia,  Vietnam,  and elsewhere and which they have
reprised here with telling effect.

This is the last time I will respond,  directly or indirectly,  to any posts
"forwarded,"  hand-carried,  thrown,  delivered by carrier pigeon or by any
other means other than put directly before the members of this list.    Mr
Rodwell and Plant can continue to do so,  an accurate reflection, no doubt,
of their own efforts on behalf of the international working class.

Louis Godena

Jon,   you write:

>I completely agree that labeling anyone that disagrees with you as a
>counter-revolutionary is wrong. This is the heart of the problem of the method
>that Adolpho uses. It leads him to the extremes that we have witnessed in the
>last few days.

In fairness to Adolfo,  Jon,  it must be pointed out that he did not engage
others to write palliatives on his behalf only to later announce that he had
been "asked" to "forward" this solicited material to the Marxism list.
Adolfo,  so far as I know,  has always spoken for himself without fear or
favor,   or without resorting to such subterfuge.    And for that--and much
else--he has my respect and support.

And,  while we are on the subject,  what of these "mass worker
organizations" themselves?    I find it difficult to ascertain if they even
exist outside the imaginations of  "J Ponce,  Jj Plant,  *et al*.    "Poder
Obrero",  we are asked to believe,  is in the forefront of revolutionary
struggle in the urban centers of Lima and elsewhere.    Yet,  one will
search in vain for any reference to them virtually anywhere in the
literature of the Latin American Left.    The latest edition of *Peru: paths
to poverty*,  for example,  lists every known poliitcal organization,
union,  association,  etc., to the left of Fujimori.

"Poder Obrero" is not among them.

No,  my friend,  I suspect  what we are witnessing here is that fraudulence
of anonymity that characterizes much of the internet and which is only made
worse by the nature of the "white" "legal left" in our own societies.

Our very own version of Babylon.

Louis Godena