Plain dealing, plain speaking, and the listfutures

detcom at sprynet.com detcom at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 15 09:16:23 MDT 1996

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, acaruso at juno.com (Anthony J Caruso) wrote:

>In a way, I suppose I owe you an apology.  And in a way, I don't.  So I
>will.  I am sorry, Mr. Rosser, for disagreeing with you.   IN AMERICA, WE
>CAN DO THAT.  IN AMERICA, WE HAVE THIS THING CALLED FREE SPEECH.  So, if
>I hurt your widdle feewings by something I said, I apologize.  See you in
>the future on Marxist-international.
>>
>Anthony J. Caruso
>acaruso at juno.com
>virginia.edu ---
>
>From time to time on various lists I subscribe to, there are
people from the dirty rotten stinking imperialist country
that make the mistake that this is America.  Sorry, this is
not the evil empire, the United States.  This is the INTERNET.
It is a cool place without national boundaries, and so far
there is much more freedom to put forward your ideas on INTERNET
than has ever existed in the U.S.

I highly recommend Howard Zinn's book, "A Peoples History of the
United States".  It exposes a lot of the myths about the "land
of liberty".

Jay Miles / Detroit