Biological Periodicity & Scientific Capital

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 14:20:00 MDT 1996

My chemistry is now very out of date. As I understand it periodicity in
inorganic chemistry is based upon the sequential patterns of properties of the
atoms of elements, only some patterns being capable of stability, and their
repetition with the growth of the number of particles in the nucleus. Since
biology and biochemistry is based to a large degree on carbon (organic)
chemistry, I cannot see how periodicity would enter as a major factor. Can you
cite a reference please ?

jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk