Red Pride was Re: An Open Letter to Spoons-Administration.

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 03:31:45 MDT 1996

Vladimir Bilenkin wrote:

> We still can come up with a proposal for a Communist List as forum for
> promotion of revolutionary praxis. I also think we need to stop
> identifying ourselves on the Spoons as "marxists." This is misleading
>  and wrong. Marxism is only a theoretical consciousness of the economic,
> social, political, and military struggle of the revolutionary
> proletariat.  Communism is a dialectical unity of both. Once Marxism
> gets abstracted from this unity, isolated and reified as "theory" it
> becomes easily appropriated by the left extreme of the bourgeois
> academic and political establishment.  I think it also very important,
> psychologically and politically, to openly proclaim ourselves
> communists now, precisely at the moment of apparently total
> triumph of reaction wordwide.

Way to go Vladimir!

It really is time to stand up and be counted. We must be proud of what we
are. Tell the world!

WE ARE COMMUNISTS. WE ARE PROUD AND PRIVELIGED TO BE SO. WE HAVE THE
GREATEST THINGS TO SAY. LISTEN TO US. JOIN US. MAKE OUR WORLD THE PLACE
THAT IT SHOULD BE!

LONG LIVE PROLETARIAN INTERNATIONALISM!
LONG LIVE COMMUNISM!
--