Farewell words from Hungerstriking members of the DHKP-C

DHKC Informationbureau Amsterdam tabe at ozgurluk.xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 1 12:32:08 MDT 1996

Mujdat Janat

To my party:
Merhaba:

With all the warmth of the hunger strike till death and its
enthusiasm, convinced of victory, greetings to my party and
secretary-general D. Karatas.
I thank you with all my hearth for your approval of my participation
in the hunger strike till death. It's a honour for me to
participate. I will show worthy and will not shame your trust.
It's very important for a revolutionary to be able to carry the flag
in such a historic hunger strike till death. Hunger strike till death
means being born again. The hunger strike till death is a very
important step in the development of the party, in the development of
being a member of the party.
Until today, despite all the mistakes and petite bourgeois attitudes,
it has been the party which has kept me, led me, and kept me
upright. My party means everything to me; it's my life, my
feelings. Now it's my task to give back what I owe. I will do it, the
efforts of the party will not be in vain.
In this moment there is not much more to say. Now it's the time to put
words into practice. Once more, convinced of victory and with
enthusiasm and warmth I greet my party and my secretary-general Dursun
Karatas.

Revolutionary greetings,
Mujdat Yanat
July 6, 1996

Ayce Idil Erkmen

To my party and my comrades,

Today, the day our resistance is transformed into the hunger strike
till death, a new height is reached. It's beautiful to be among my
comrades who form the group of those who participate in the hunger
strike till death. I really don't know how I should express my
feelings right now. I'm very happy, being part of the group of the
hunger strike till death. We never allowed that the enemy forces the
revolutionary prisoners and the working people to surrender, and we
won't allow it now.
When I decided to participate in the hunger strike till death, I had
to think of our women like Sibel and Adalet. I won't be able to fire a
bullet at the enemy like them. But I know, our victory will be like a
bullet, exploding in their brains. We will honour the trust our old
mothers, beaten and dragged across the ground, our working people, our
comrades and our party have put in us. Enthusiastic with our
resistance and our victory, I greet all comrades who resist and our
mothers.

Farewell.
Long live our resistance of the hunger strike till death!
Long live our secretary general Dursun Karatas!
Long live the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party and Front!

Ayce Idil Erkmen

Huseyin Demircioglu

Comrades,

Bury me on the party-cemetery. Every spring I want to be part of the
struggle there. I want to greet the revolution there with our flag,
with shots, with slogans that echo in the sky and against the
soil. Until the workers in the factories, the workers covered in sweat
come to power by delivering deadly blows to fascism and exploiting
capitalism...

Ilginc Ozkeskin

Celebration speech for the hunger strike till death:

Comrades:

Today we are aware of the attacks by the enemy. We are aware that
these attacks are not only directed against us, they are directed
against all the people. To beat back these attacks against the people,
we took, I took tasks upon me , like on the outside. All of us took
tasks upon us in this resistance. All of us participated in this
resistance. We take the strength from our tradition, from our
secretary-general who created this tradition, from our history and
form our people. Like the other comrades I am convinced we will reach
victory. To achieve this victory, I will fall too, like my comrades.

Long live our secretary-general Dursun Karatas!
Long live the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party and Front!

Talks about the hunger strike till death

When the hunger strike till death was on the agenda, I was prepared. I
took it as a normal task to do. I was willing, because I was convinced
of our secretary-general, of our people, of our martyrs and of our
policy.
It was a task, like the other tasks, we took upon us for our people as
revolutionaries. It was a task, given to us by the party.

Yemliha Kaya

Celebration speech for the hunger strike till death

Comrades,

Today we are faced with a historical task. It's our task to erect
barricades in a honourable way against the aggression policy of the
contra-guerrilla state and to advance to the attack. The prisons are
the centres of attack for the enemy, but the enemy will not be able to
defeat the Free Prisoners, because the prisoners derive their strength
>from the hunger strike till death in 1984 and those who fell in
it. And I too participate in this hunger strike till death, based on
this strength. It's the strength of Guner Sar who approached death
with a war cry, the strength of Sibel Yalcin, who yelled “Have you
ever seen that we surrender?”, the strength of Sabo, who said: “Our
flag will sway in all corners of the country!”. And with that strength
I yell once again: "I will show myself worthy of my party and my
people!". The martyrs, the party and the front are our biggest source
of support.

Long live our secretary-general Dursun Karatas!
Long live the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party and Front!

Talks about the hunger strike till death

When I talked with the visitors today, they all declared their
respect. They showed the sign of victory. They said we will win. It's
clear for them we will achieve victory with our martyrs. That's the
way I think as well. Even in the case we fall, we will win, win
together with our people.

Altan Berdan Kerimgiller
Celebration speech for the hunger strike till death

Comrades,

We all know, hundreds of prisoners are volunteers in the hunger strike
till death in the dungeons of our country. This represents an enormous
strength. You can all be sure, this force, grown because of the
tradition, our ideology, under the leadership of our secretary-general
Dursun Karatas our history, will carry us into immortality. With this
head band, which we received from the party, I pledge: To our flag and
our martyrs, we will achieve victory.

Long live our secretary-general Dursun Karatas!
Long live the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party and Front!

His last words:

There is so much we will achieve... because the whole future is open
to humanity... We know that, we believe it, we trust in it... we will
succeed ... I thank you.

--
Visit http://www.xs4all.nl/~ozgurluk
For news and information