Dialectics and the Society/Nature dichotomy

Hugh Rodwell m-14970 at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Sep 6 05:20:44 MDT 1996

Russell recoils:

>Steady on Hugh,
>
>I've been called a few things in my time but never a 'bloody
>Cartesian'!
>And as for an an  "anti-dialectician", well that sublates me entirely.
>
>As Arnie puts it, turning quality into quantity, 'Ill be back'...
>
>Russell
>
>P.S In Britain Whiskas  is being supplanted by Felix's promise of a
>#100 grand prize in a selected can. As Sohn-Rethel points out, my
>cat can know nothing of this.

Your cat may know nothing of this, but as Spinoza once said: 'Ignorance is
no argument'.

We eat (and the cat eats, and mad cows ate) what we eat, regardless of
whether or not we know where it comes from. Doesn't make it any the less
social for that. Remove the aspect of conscious, social human production
>from our cats' eating, and you remove the cats from reality -- and
dialectics.

Hasta la vista, baby!

ciao4now,

Hugh