EPR in Mexico

Kevin Cabral kcabral at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Fri Sep 6 06:06:40 MDT 1996

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the Popular Revolutionary Army (EPR), the
> "bad" rebels in Mexico? They seem to have some PRI connections - are they a
> government creation, or are they for real?

	Explain their connections to the PRI. It was thought early that
the group was linked to the PRI, but as far as I knew that was only
speculation. Now it seems most EPRologists are explaining the group as an
outgrowth of an underground leftist movement from the 1960s. I'm not sure
of the truth of either of those explanations, but do you know of evidence
that links them with the PRI?

Kevin
Cols, Oh