Proyect, leaving "unity" list?

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 11:19:44 MDT 1996

Louis N Proyect wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Richard Bos wrote:
>
> > That is why our movement has the strength to survive the difficult times
> > it is going through. The genuine communists will be, and are already part
> > of the working class, because it is their class. The rest will be ignored
> > by the workers as they always have been, and always will be.
> >
> > I stress again that I do not claim that all, or even most of those
> > genuine people are in my party. They will get together I hope sooner
> > rather than later. We are one of the elements trying our best to
> > facilitate that.
> >

> Louis: AMEN! This is the type of attitude that will foster true unity.
> Frankly, I don't care that much about Richard's view of the Moscow trials,
> etc. I am much more interested in the fact that he has a genuine
> appreciation of the William Morris phenomenon and thought that my articles
> on Cuba were good enough for publication in his party's journal. Down with
> divisions in today's workers movement based on ancient history.

Thanks for the compliment Louis. I have never expressed my views on the
Moscow trials to this list. I should know more about the fine detail, but
I do know the lessons to be learned from them about the lengths that the
opponents of the Communist cause will go, including working their way
into the very heart of the workers movement. It is important not to
forget that because it has happened many times before, and will happen
again. Both Yeltsin and Gorbachov have admitted that they were never
really communists.

We haven't published your article yet. The decision is not in my hands,
but I will keep nagging.

Best wishes,

Richard.