Trots --> neocons: why?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 9 11:21:57 MDT 1996

At 10:40 AM 9/9/96, Louis N Proyect wrote:

>What happened is that the avant-garde Trotskyist connection gave birth to
>some reactionary anticommunist impulses, most notably expressed in the
>shift to the right of echt-modernist journal Partisan Review.

Continuing a bit Trot-bashing I started the other day on the Left Unity
list (bashing in the name of unity - ah the dialectic!), another question
(my question to the LU crowd being just why is it that Trots are so often
disruptive, divisive assholes?): why did so many U.S. 1930s Trots become
the core of modern neoconservatism?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood