NEW LIST IDEA (fwd)

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 9 11:42:03 MDT 1996

Louis: Somebody sent me the following private mail that I would like to
share with the list.

Lou,

Why not "marxism-malecki"?  Subscribers to  this list, moderated by
Robert "the Swedish meatball" Malecki, receive  at  least  25 reminders
daily that the history of Marxism has culminated in the writings of
"Hey, Yeah:  My Bellybutton is a Bottomless Pit" (the title of his
memoir, if memory serves), the heart-rending story of an American
expatriate's continuing efforts to avoid correct spelling, basic
punctuation, and other elements of imperialist brainwashing. Contributors
to the list would be encouraged to post 15-20 times a day.