Cadets, Mensheviks and (Brownshirts?)

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 14:19:00 MDT 1996

Doug, you (I think it was you) commented on Malecki's Joycean
neologisms. Have you noticed how his style has flowered since
the departure of Adolfo and the 'iron broom' school of political
poetics ? Is this a dimension of 'list ecology'  that we need to
consider further ? I propose an hypothesis - that there is a
fixed proportion of traffic on any open list which consists of
incomprehensible quasi-poetic text, and that list participants
will adjust the character of their postings to ensure that this
proportion is maintained.

jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk