Karl Marx and Santa Claus?

Rolf Martens rolf.martens at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat Sep 14 06:29:43 MDT 1996

Carl,

I wrote in one reply to you earlier today that it wasn't
really Santa Claus but "a Sanity Clause", which is just
another term for "the Andropov syndrome" or: "if you dare
to criticize us nice social-imperialists and social-fascists,
you've got to be crazy" (which those people mean quite
literally too), and I ascribed the saying that there
"wasn't no Sanity Clause" to "one of the best known Marxes,
namely, Harpo".

Come to think of it, Harpo was the dumb one, wasn't he?
He probably had said something "unsuitable" in his earlier
life and some people had then cut out his tongue. (There are, in
real life, persons who would do such things too, better not
get in too close a contact with them, Carl.) So it cannot
have been he; it must have been some other Marx, perhaps Chico
or someone.

This just to put the record straight.

Rolf M.